Acute Coronary Syndrome
Acute Coronary Heart Syndrome
It is the group of disorders which are related to the reduce and restricted blood flow to the heart. One of the such disorders is heart attack known as myocardial infarction. In this myocardial cells are damaged and destroyed because of reduced blood flow. However, acute coronary syndrome cannot cause cell damage.
Clinically presents presentation includes:
- Intense and deep chest pain felt as burning, aching or chest tightness
- Radiation of pain to upper arm jaw shoulder and upper abdomen
- Shortness of breath
- Weakness and restlessness
- Difficulty in digestion
Major cause of this condition is the deposition of plaques on the inner walls of great vessels like coronary arteries that are responsible for delivering oxygen and nutrition to heart. When this plaque solidifies and converted into the clot it restricts more blood flow to the heart giving heart hypoxic injury.
Usually this type of condition presents as medical emergency. Most of the tests are done during the detailed history taking.
- ECG is taking to have a look on the electrical activities of heart.
- Blood tests are taken to indicate any possible indices of heart attack.
- Coronary angiogram test is done to evaluate the blockage of vessels.
- Echocardiogram, Myocardial perfusion imaging, Computerized tomography (CT) angiogram, Stress test are among some other tests which could help the Physician to confirm the diagnosis.
- Different medication like thrombolytics (Clot removers), nitroglycerin, anti-platelets, beta blocker, ACE inhibitors can be prescribed by your doctor depending upon the severity of condition.
- Angioplasty and stenting, Coronary bypass surgery are the surgery option for coronary disorder if condition is worsening.
- Limit the quantity of smoke smoked per day.
- Manage to be active throughout the day. Make physical workout a part of your priority.
- Eat healthy food which are low in LDL content. Do eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Monitor your blood glucose and cholesterol level.
- Keep check on blood pressure.