It is the cancer of glands which is located just above the kidneys called the adrenal gland. They produce very important hormone which gives signal to almost every tissue and organ of our body.
Synonym of the adrenal gland is adrenocortical cancer. The peak age of occurrence of this cancer is 40 years of age.
Below mention are the sign and symptoms of adrenal glands:
- Muscular weakness
- Weight gain
- Hormonal changes in both the gender
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Loss of appetite
Exact cause of adrenal cancer is not known but it is assume that mutations in the cells of adrenal gland produce the adrenal cancer. All the functions of the organ depends on the normal function of DNA. Mutation cause the abnormal growth of the cells.
Your doctor may recommend the following tests to diagnose the adrenal cancer:
- Imaging test to evaluate the metastasis to other organs of the body
- Blood tests
- Urine tests
- Laboratory assessment of adrenal gland
Surgery is the best option to treat this cancer. Medication therapy only prevent the cancer to occurs again and reduce the risk of metastasis. Treatment option includes:
- Radiation therapy
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Avoid stress
- Avoid unnecessary X-ray to reduce the risk of mutations
- Eat healthy food
- Take medicine on time to prevent the complications