Allergic Rhinitis is a viral infection characterized by infection of upper respiratory tract. It’s commonly not harmful but quite disturbing. Allergic Rhinitis occur due to various agents. Most infection occur are self-limiting and treat on their own.
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Ache in whole body
- Nasal congestion
Rhinovirus is the most common agent that causes common cold. However, there are different virus that can lead to Allergic Rhinitis. It can be transmitted by touch and different routes like eyes, nose and mouth.
- Otitis media which is the acute ear infection
- Acute sinusitis
- Other secondary infections like croup, pneumonia, strept throat.
Diagnosis of this condition depends upon detailed medical history and complete general physical examination of patient. Sometimes chest X-ray is done.
Proper treatment of Allergic Rhinitis is not yet found as there isn’t any one agent that causes this. Majorly antibiotics and anti allergics are prescribed. Medications are usually prescribed according to symptoms like:
- Nasal decongestant
- Cough syrup
- Pain relievers
- Anti allergics
- Keep yourself hydrated and consuming a lot of fluids
- Chicken soup consumption
- Try to be at rest most of the time
- Salt water gargling by soothing throat.
- Saline nasal drops for nasal congestion