Anorgasmia in Women
Anorgasmia in women
Anorgasmia is defined as the lack of organism during sexual activity after the adequate sexual stimulus. It can affect your relationship with your partner due to the lack of physical intimacy. Every woman has different intensity and frequency to achieve orgasm and sexual stimulus for orgasm may also vary person to person. Also, it can change with age and health condition of women.
Orgasm means to achieved the greatest pleasure during sexual activity by the involuntary activity of your pelvic muscles. Major signs and symptoms of anorgasmia includes:
- You have never achieved an orgasm during your whole life.
- Difficulty to reached a climax during sex.
- You are unable to have with any partner in any situation.
- You reached a climax and have an orgasm during certain conditions and with only a certain partner.
Anorgasmia occurs due to the multifactorial factors like emotional, physiological and physical factors.
- Gynecological problem like hysterectomy or any cancer in uterus.
- Alcohol abuse
- Certain neurological diseases like Parkinson’s.
- Poor body shape
- Anxiety and depression
- Sexual abuse in past
- Lack of communication with partner
- Lack of intimacy with partner
Your doctor may diagnosis anorgasmia by following procedure:
- Medical history is very important to diagnosis the cause of anorgasmia. Your doctor might ask you about your medical history like any surgery and medication and your relationship with your partner. Tell him/her about every detail of your relationship.
- Physical examination of your pelvic area to see any physical cause of anorgasmia.
Treatment options include the medications physical therapy and lifestyle modification but it depends on the cause of anorgasmia.
- Medications like estrogen therapy for post-menopausal women, testosterone therapy for women who lack sex hormones and treat the underlying medical condition which cause anorgasmia.
- Psychological Therapy if you lack communication with your partner and you have sexual abuse experience in past.
- Life style modifications include to understand your body physiology and anatomy and tell your partner to the specific point to touch or massage that point which give you pleasure and help to reached a climax during sexual activity. Try different sex position to get the more pleasure.