This is the condition in which there is abnormal bulging on the wall of aorta. This impact whole circulatory system as aorta carries blood from the heart to body.
- Different shapes of aortic aneurysm are there ranging for fusiform (tube like) to saccular (rounded).
- Aneurysm can occur anywhere in the body but major sites are; abdomen and thoracic cavity.
- Abdominal aneurysm occurs in the aorta where it passes through abdomen.
- Thoracic aneurysm can in the aorta where it passes from thoracic cavity.
Having aortic aneurysm increases the chances of having aortic dissection.
- In aortic dissection there is tearing of the inner walls of aorta leading to the separation of many layers of aorta causing it to be weaken.
- Aortic aneurysm also increases the risk of having a burst or rupture at any time which is a life threatening emergency.
Please see cardiologist and general surgeon for ultrasound, evaluation and treatment