It is one of the most common cause of people at leave from work and reason of disability in the worldwide. Every people have a back pain once in a lifetime. But with right treatment and preventive measurement you can avoid the back pain.
Back pain include the following sign and symptom:
- Stabbing pain.
- Muscle pain.
- Pain that worsen with lifting, standing or bending.
- Pain that to your legs.
Acute pain comes suddenly and remains for less than six weeks if pain remains occur for more than six weeks then it transformed into chronic pain. Causes of back pain include:
- Disc between the vertebrae may ruptured or bulged out between the vertebrae and compress the nerve.
- Heavy lifting may strain the ligament and back muscles fibers.
- Osteoporosis may cause the compression fractures.
- Arthritis affect the lower back.
After taking your medical and family history your doctor may perform the physical examination to assess the movement and reflexes of your nerves and check the tenderness around the area. Test recommend for diagnosis the cause may include:
- Blood test to check the complete blood count.
- MRI to reveal the disc problem in spinal cord.
- X-ray will reveal the arthritis and fracture in bones.
Acute pain usually does not require any specific treatment it resolve on its own. It your pain is not treated with home remedies then your doctor might prescribe the painkiller. Medication include:
- Muscle relaxants to release the tension from the muscle.
- Pain killer like NSAIDs.
- Topical gel for pain.
- Injections of steroid to reduce the inflammation.
- Anti-depressant some time help to reduce the chronic pain.