Behcet’s disorder is define as the inflammatory condition of the blood vessel. It is a rare disorder but may causes serious complications.
Signs and symptoms depend upon the severity of diseases and may vary among the different individual.
- Inflammation of the eyes cause uveitis
- Lesions or sores in the genital area
- Joint swelling
- Skin lesion acne type
- Painful sores in oral cavity
- Inflammation in blood vessels cause redness, pain and swelling in legs
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Headache, fever and risk of stroke.
The exact cause of the Bechet’s disorder is not known yet but it may be assumed that certain autoimmune conditions may elicit this disorder. Genetic and environmental factor may involve in the development of this disease.
If left untreated signs and symptoms may lead to the complications like eye inflammation can lead to the vision loss, brain inflammation causes a stroke and then coma.
There is no specific test for Bechet’s disease your doctor may diagnosis only the basis of your signs and symptoms. The signs which required to diagnosis the disease includes
- Skin sores
- Eye inflammation
- Genital sores
Your doctor might recommend the blood test to rule out the other infectious causes of inflammation.
Mild disease only requires symptomatic treatment to relive from pain and inflammation. Other treatment may include:
- Mouthwashes to control the hygiene of oral cavity to prevent the infection.
- Topical steroids for sores and lesion.
- Eyedrops containing steroid to prevent the risk of uveitis
Systemic sign and symptoms of disease may require steroid injection to reduce the inflammatory process.