It is a bacterial infection cause by the contact with animals. Bacteria enter into the body by eating contaminated meat of animals or using their milk. Route of transmission is by direct contact with infected animal or by through air.
Signs and symptoms of this disease include:
- Weight loss
- Muscle pain
Brucellosis infect the domestic animals; human get infection by eating contaminated meat or by using dairy products. Below mention are the list of animals which got infected by brucellosis:
If left untreated it may cause the following complications:
- Infection and inflammation of the testicles
- Inflammation of the liver
- Brain inflammation
Diagnosis confirm by the following tests:
- Echocardiography to see the image of the heart.
- Lumber puncture to the check the infection of brain and spinal cord.
- X-ray for the bones and joint inflammation.
- Blood tests to check the complete blood count.
The target of treatment is to reduce the signs and symptom and prevent the complications, your doctor may prescribe the antibiotic for whole month to completely vanished the infection.