It is the uncommon life-threatening disorder which involved the heart rhythm, mostly it is transmitted genetically. In this disorder there is the irregular heart rhythm.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Fast heart beat
- Irregular heart rhythm
It is causing the abnormal electrical activity at the sinus node which cause the abnormal heart beat. Due to which ventricular fibrillation occur. Causes of brugada syndrome include:
- Structure abnormality in the heart
- Electrolytes imbalance which cause the abnormal electrical activity.
- Certain medication or cocaine also cause this condition.
- Cardiac arrest
- Angina pain
- Unconsciousness during sleep
Following test will help your doctor to confirm the diagnosis:
- ECG of your heart to check the electrical activity of your heart.
- Portable ECG device to check the whole day activity of heart.
- Echocardiogram to check the electrophysiology of your heart.
- Blood test to check the complete count of blood cells.
Treatment depend upon the severity of your symptoms which include:
- Avoid heavy sports activities.
- Treat the fever
- Avoid taking drugs which cause the abnormal heart rhythm
- Surgical process includes catheter ablation to destroy the tissue in heart which produce abnormal electrical impulse, implantable cardioverter defibrillator to monitor the heart activity continuously.