It is the uncommon life-threatening disorder which involved the heart rhythm, mostly it is transmitted genetically. In this disorder there is the irregular heart rhythm.
Signs and symptoms include:
It is causing the abnormal electrical activity at the sinus node which cause the abnormal heart beat. Due to which ventricular fibrillation occur. Causes of brugada syndrome include:
- Structure abnormality in the heart
- Electrolytes imbalance which cause the abnormal electrical activity.
- Certain medication or cocaine also cause this condition.
Following test will help your doctor to confirm the diagnosis:
- ECG of your heart to check the electrical activity of your heart.
- Portable ECG device to check the whole day activity of heart.
- Echocardiogram to check the electrophysiology of your heart.
- Blood test to check the complete count of blood cells.
Treatment depend upon the severity of your symptoms which include:
- Avoid heavy sports activities.
- Treat the fever
- Avoid taking drugs which cause the abnormal heart rhythm
- Surgical process includes catheter ablation to destroy the tissue in heart which produce abnormal electrical impulse, implantable cardioverter defibrillator to monitor the heart activity continuously.