It is the inflammatory condition which affect the small fluid filled sacs which are present at your joint. Bursae act like a cushion between the bones at joint. It is occurred most often at shoulder, hip and elbow.
Signs and symptoms include:
Some general causes of bursitis include:
- Repetitive motions
- Leaning on your elbow
- Heavy work with bending knees
- Standing for long period
After taking history and conducting a physical examination of your knee your doctor might recommend the following test to diagnosis the bursitis:
- Imaging test like x-ray and ultrasound to check the extend of inflammatory condition.
- Laboratory tests like blood tests and urine analysis.
Treatment option include:
- Injections of corticosteroids to reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Therapy to reduce the stiffness and strengthen the muscles.
- Medication to treat the inflammation and decrease the pain.
- Assistive device to help in walking
- Surgery to drained the cyst
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
- Apply ice to reduce the swelling
- Rest the affected area
- Take pain killers
- Apply heating pad