It is life threatening condition and contain large number of diseases which is define as uncontrol cell division which are abnormal in morphology and functionally and damage the other tissues and organs of body.
Signs and symptoms depend upon the area which is affected by cancer, some common signs include:
- Fatigue and malaise
- Skin color changing
- Weight loss
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Muscles pain
The main cause of cancer is mutation in the DNA which is basic machinery of the cells. DNA contain large number of genes which perform the normal function of the body. Mutation causes:
- Un-control cell division
- Rapidly growing cells
- Damage DNA repair mechanism
If left untreated it may cause the following complications:
- Weight loss
- Difficulty in breathing
- Brain and nervous system issues
Cancer is diagnosis at early stages by the help of cancer screening, this is best invention of recent century which prevent the millions of deaths which is occurred due to cancer in the past years.
Cancer diagnostic tests include:
- Biopsy to take the sample from the affected area to check the type and stage of cancer.
- Laboratory test like urine and blood analysis.
- Physical test to check any physical abnormalities.
- Imaging test to check the extend of cancer.
Treatment of cancer depend upon the severity of disease and the overall health condition of the patient; some common treatment options include:
- Chemotherapy to kill the cancer cells with the help of the chemotherapy drugs
- Surgery to remove the cancerous mass or organ.
- Bone marrow transplant for blood borne cancers.
- Hormone therapy like in breast cancers.