It is define as the permanent damage of the surface of your teeth and produce into a holes and small opening. It is also known as tooth decay and dental caries. It is usually occur by bacteria and drinking of sugary juices more. It is most common health problem in the world wild.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Increase tooth sensitivity
- Pain in tooth
- Sharp pain during drinking and eating
- Visible holes in your teeth
- Black or brown color staining of teeth surface
- Pain during biting
Some causes of tooth decay include:
- Plaque attacks
- Plaque formation
- Continue destruction by bacteria and plaque
If left untreated it may causes the following complications:
- Pus foramtion
- Tooth abcess
- Chewing difficulty
- Tooth loss
- Broken teeth
Diagnosis can be made by your dentist through:
- Taking your medical history of symptoms
- Oral examination
- Check the soft areas around the teeth
- X-ray of teeth to check the extend of decay
Treatment depend upon the severity of decay, treatment options include:
- Fillings to fill the holes and opening to prevent the further spread of decay.
- Fluoride to restore the enamel of teeth.
- Crowns to replace the teeth original crown.
- Root canal to heal the severely damage tooth instead of removal
- Tooth extraction if severe decay damage the whole tooth