It is defined as the cancer in the cervix which is the lower part of the uterus above the vagina. It is mostly occurred in the women who have low immunity.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Pelvic pain
- Pain during intercourse
- Vaginal bleeding
- Watery secretion from the vagina
- Bad odor in discharge
The cause of the cancer is the mutation in cells which damage the DNA and elicit the cancer formation. Cancerous cell has a tendency to growth in uncontrollable fashion and the growing cells are abnormal in morphology and in functioning.
Diagnosis can be made by:
- Pap smear test which examined the abnormal cells.
- HPV DNA test to check the infection from HPV.
- Endocervical curettage to take sample from cervix for biopsy.
- Punch biopsy
Treatment of cancer depend upon the severity of your disease and your overall health condition which include:
- Surgery to remove the cancerous tissue from the cervix.
- Hysterectomy to remove the whole cervix along with uterus.
- Radiotherapy to kill the cancerous cells.
- Chemotherapy to kill the culprit with drugs.
- Immunotherapy also help to reduce the sign and symptoms.