It is defined as the brain condition after and before cancer treatment. Cancer treatment affect the cognitive and thinking ability of brain it is also called cancer-related cognitive impairment.
Following are the signs and symptoms of chemo brain:
- Difficulty learning new skills
- Mental fogginess
- Short term memory loss
- Take longer time to complete daily task
- Trouble with visual memory
- Difficulty in verbal memory
Some general cancer related cause includes:
- Hormone therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Bone marrow transplant
- Anxiety or depression due to cancer
Complications may vary among people some people recovered from cancer treatment with good brain health some suffer this condition and required treatment.
After taking history your doctor might recommend a blood test to rule out the other causes, there is no specific test to diagnosis this condition.
The aim of treatment is to reduce the signs and symptoms and improve the overall health condition, some treatment options include:
- Control other symptoms which are producing due to the cancer like anemia, fatigue etc.
- Take your time to start your routine after cancer treatment.
- Talk with your neuropsychologist about your symptoms
- Learn new things to improve your concentration
- Take anti-anxiety medicines
- Take anti-depressant
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
- Avoid distraction during work
- Believe on your self
- Stay organized by using planners and calendars
- Take proper sleep
- Eat a healthy food
- Spend time with your family