It is defined as the cancer which is developed in the lining of the uterus. It is also known as uterine cancer. Uterus is a hollow organ which carry the fetus during pregnancy.
Below mention are the signs and symptoms of endometrial cancer:
- Pelvic pain
- Vagina bleeding
- Abnormally long menstrual cycles
- Abdominal pain
The exact causes of endometrial cancer are still unknown but mutation in the DNA of the cells of endometrium is the only causes responsible of the cancer formation. Mutation make the cell to grow in un-control fashion rapidly. Cells produce as a result of mutation are abnormal in morphology and in function.
Diagnostic tests for endometrial cancer include:
- Transvaginal ultrasound to take the detailed image of your uterus.
- Pelvic examination to check any physical abnormality
- Hysteroscopy to see inner condition of uterus with the help of the flexible tube-like endoscopy.
The aim of treatment is to reduce the signs and symptoms and prevent the complications. Treatment options include:
- Surgery to remove the uterus if it became invasive in nature. But due to which you never got pregnant. It is the best option for old age women.
- Radiotherapy to kill the cancerous cells with the help of radiations.
- Chemotherapy used chemotherapy drugs to kill the cancer cells. Drugs can be given by intravenously or by orally.
- Hormonal therapy for advance type of cancer.
- Immunotherapy to make your immune system strong to cope the stress of cancer.