It is defined as the cancer which is developed in gall bladder. Gallbladder is just located beneath the liver. The function of gallbladder is to store the bile juices which is produce by liver.
Signs and symptoms of gallbladder cancer include:
- Abdominal cramps
- Abdominal bloating
The exact cause of gallbladder cancer is not known yet but mutation may cause the changing in the DNA of gallbladder cells which produce abnormal cells in the large quantity which hamper the normal function of gallbladder.
Diagnostic tests include:
- Imaging test like x-ray and ultrasound to see the detailed image of your liver and gallbladder.
- Blood test to rule out the other causes.
- Biopsy to check the extend of disease.
Treatment will depend upon the severity of your signs and symptom and stage of cancer. Treatment option includes:
- Cholecystectomy to remove the gallbladder.
- Surgery to remove the gallbladder along with small portion of liver.
- Radiotherapy to kill the cancerous cells through the radiations.