It is defined as the different condition of heart which affect your hearts. Heart disease variety of heart disease include congenital heart defects, coronary artery problem, arrhythmias, and diseases of blood vessels.
Signs and symptoms of heart disease include:
- Chest discomfort
- Angina like chest pain
- Pain in jaw, throat and upper abdomen.
- Breathing difficulty
- Slow heartbeat
There are different causes of different heart condition include:
- Congenital heart defects
- Vulvular heart disease
- Alcohol abuses
- Coronary artery disease
- Bacterial and viral infection
- Rheumatic fever
- Connective tissues disorder
Complications from heart disease include:
- Heart failure
- Atrial fibrillation
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Obstruction in blood flow
- Peripheral artery disease
After taking your medical history and perform a precordial examination your doctor might recommend the following test to confirm the diagnosis:
- Chest Xray. To see the condition of heart and lungs
- To evaluate the pumping ability of your heart
- To check the electrical activity of the heart
- CT scan. This will provide the better image of the heart
- Holter monitoring to detect the heart electrical activity throughout the day by wearing portable device.
Treatment depend upon the condition and severity of your signs and symptoms:
- To control the signs and symptoms and prevent the complications. You doctor prescribed a specific medication for every heart disease.
- Surgical procedure. If your disease doesn’t reduce by medications then there is various surgical process available to treat the heart disease.
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
Along with right treatment, better lifestyles will provide you better results:
- Reduce sodium in diet
- Stop smoking
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a healthy diet
- Exercise daily
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Take proper sleep
- Avoid stress
- Control blood pressure