It is also known as Hodgkin’s disease formerly; it is defined as the cancer of lymphatic system. It can affect the people of any age. It spread rapidly to the other organ through the lymphatics. It is common type of cancer.
Below mention are the signs and symptoms of Hodgkin’s lymphoma:
- Weight loss
- Swelling in lymph nodes
The exact cause of Hodgkin’s lymphoma is not known yet. Mutation in the DNA of lymphatic cells cause abnormal growth of that cells. Due to mutation lymphocytes become abnormally large and oversized and unable to perform their normal function.
Diagnostic tests include:
- Blood test to check the complete count and structure blood cells.
- Imaging tests to check any signs of Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Take sample of lymph node tissue for biopsy
- Physical examination to check enlargement of spleen a lymph node.
Treatment option for Hodgkin’s lymphoma include:
- Chemotherapy to kill the cancerous cells through drugs
- Radiation therapy use radiation to killed the offending cells
- Bone marrow transplant
- Medication to reduce the signs and symptoms