It is the inflammatory condition of the medium-sized arteries which generally affects children. This disease commonly affects arteries of heart muscle.
Signs and symptoms of this disease occurred in three stages:
- High grade fever
- Cracked lips
- Swelling on palms and soles
- Red colored eyes
- Rash on trunk and genitals
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pain
- Peeling of loose skin
In third stage signs and symptoms usually go away unless there are no other complications occur.
The exact cause of the Kawasaki disease is still unknown but it is assumed that it is non communicable disease. Certain theories associated that it occurs due to certain viral bacterial infection.
Complications of Kawasaki disease include:
- Heart valve disease
- Inflammation of blood vessels
The diagnosis of this disease is occurred through detail through medical history which excluded the other disease of the same symptoms include:
- Toxic shock syndrome
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Scarlet fever
- Rocky mountain fever
After diagnosis treatment should be started as soon as possible to reduce the complications treatment options include:
- Aspirin to reduce the inflammation and decrease the pain which is occur in joint and also reduce the fever.
- Gama globulin reduce the risk of coronary artery disease which is occur in Kawasaki disease.