It is common condition in people of all ages. It can occur due to any trauma or ruptured of any ligament. Certain other disorder like arthritis, gout may cause knee pain.
Signs and symptoms of knee pain included:
- Crunching noises
Knee pain occur due to many causes which included:
- Injuries like ACL injury, fractures, torn meniscus, patellar tendinitis and knee bursitis
- Mechanical problems like loose body, dislocated kneecap, hip pain etc.
- Arthritis also causes bone pain
Knee pain usually does not cause any serious complications but knee pain due to any other complications like osteoarthritis can cause severe pain and damage to the joint if left untreated.
Diagnostic test included:
- Imaging test like x-ray to check the condition of joint
- CT scan
- Ultrasound to check the condition of soft tissues around the joint
- Physical examination to check the mobility of joint
Treatment options include:
- Physical therapy to reduce the pain during movement
- Steroids injection to control the inflammation
- Hyaluronic acid injection to provide lubricant around the joint
- Pain relivers to reduce the pain
- Surgery to replace the knee by partial knee replacement or total knee replacement
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
Home remedies for knee pain included:
- Icing to reduce the swelling
- Elevate the knee to reduce swelling