This type of cancer begins in the hepatocytes. Liver is present below the diaphragm at the right side of the body. It is major metabolizing organ of the body al the food is metabolize in liver. It secreted a lot of important things which are necessary for the basic functions of the body.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Loss of weight
- Abdominal cramped
- Chalky color stool
- Enlargement of liver
The exact cause of the liver cancer is not known yet. It is assumed that when mutation causes changing in the cell’s machinery which is called DNA. Then growth of cell starts in uncontrol fashion and make large number of abnormal cells which disturb the whole organ.
Diagnostic tests include:
- Blood test to check the complete count and hormone level secreted by liver.
- Urinary analysis to check any abnormality and blood.
- Imaging test like x-ray and ultrasound to check the condition of liver
- Biopsy of liver tissue to check the stage of cancer.
Treatment option include:
- Surgery to remove the tumor.
- Liver transplant surgery.
- Freezing the tumor cell by cryoablation.
- Chemotherapy to kill the cells by drugs.
- Immunotherapy to strong the immune system.