It is the infection due to the viral caused. It is now rare disease due to the development of the measles vaccine. When vaccine was not available many children died due to the rubeola virus infection which cause measles.
Following signs and symptoms included:
- Runny nose
- Dry cough
- Tiny white spots
- Sore throat
It is a viral disease which is spread by droplets of nasal and mouth secretions.
If left untreated it may cause the following complications:
- Ear infection
- Maternal measles cause pregnancy problems
It is diagnosis at clinic by looking at the skin rashes and other sign and symptoms but sometime they mimic the other conditions so your doctor will recommend the blood test to confirm the diagnosis.
There is vaccine available for measles now a days which can prevent the infection event after exposure vaccine is also available in market. But if infection occur then following treatment option will help to reduce the signs and symptoms:
- Take medicine to reduce fever
- Antibiotics if pneumonia occurred
- Vitamin A
- Avoid aspirin to reduce to risk of getting Reye’s syndrome
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
- Avoid unnecessary activities
- Take rest
- Drink a lot of water and juices
- Rest your eyes
- Use nebulizer to avoid respiratory symptoms