It is defined as the small itchy bumps which appear after biting of mosquitoes. Mosquitoes use their mouth part for biting and feed your blood. Bump resolves on its own in a few days. In children it is also known as skeeter syndrome.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Small blisters
- Dark spots which look like bruises
- Puffy white or reddish bump
This is cause by biting of female mosquitoes which feed your blood for the protein, male mosquitoes do not required protein as they don’t produce eggs therefore, they don’t suck blood.
Infection is the only complication which is cause by scratching of bumps.
It is diagnosis clinically by your doctor by looking at the skin bump.
Mosquitoes bite bump resolve on its own and does not required any specific treatment.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Apply cold compress to reduce swelling
- Use lotion and cream to reduce itching
- Take anti-allergy like oral anti histamine to reduce itching