It is defined as cancer occur in any part of mouth like lips, gums, tongue, cheeks, roof of mouth, and floor of mouth. It is also known as oral cancer.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Ear pain
- Loose of teeth
- Reddish or white patch inside the oral cavity
- Lip sore
- Mouth pain
- Difficulty in swallowing
Mutation is the major cause of cancers. Mouth cancer arise when there is mutation in DNA occur. DNA is the main machinery of cell which tell the cell everything that how to grow and how to cope up with stress. Mutation altered the DNA and grow the cells in un-control fashion.
Diagnostic test includes:
- Blood test to check the complete count of blood cells.
- Physical test to check the condition of mouth and any physical abnormality.
- Biopsy of affected tissue.
Treatment depend upon the health condition of patient and the severity of signs and symptom of cancer:
- Surgery to remove the tumor or cancerous cells to prevent the metastasize.
- Another surgery to reconstruct the mouth after removing the cancerous mass.
- Immunotherapy to strong the immune system to fight with cancer
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Avoid tobacco
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Eat a healthy food
- Drink more water
- Exercise daily