It is defined as the cancer of ovaries. There are two ovaries in the female reproductive system which release ovum during each menstrual cycle until the menopause. Initial stage of cancer treated better than late stage in which cancer spread to pelvic also.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Frequent need of urination
- Pelvic pain
- Abdominal bloating and cramps
- Weight loss
Mutation is the major cause of cancers. ovarian cancer arises when there is mutation in DNA occur. DNA is the main machinery of cell which tell the cell everything that how to grow and how to cope up with stress. Mutation altered the DNA and grow the cells in uncontrol fashion.
Diagnostic tests include:
- Blood test to check the complete blood count.
- Imaging tests like CT scan and x-ray to check the growth of the cancer and extend of metastasis.
- Pelvic examination to check any tenderness and any mass.
- Biopsy to check the type of cancer.
Treatment depend upon the health condition of patient and the severity of signs and symptom of cancer:
- Surgery to remove the tumor or cancerous cells to prevent the metastasize.
- Another surgery to reconstruct the mouth after removing the cancerous mass.
- Immunotherapy to strong the immune system to fight with cancer
- Hormonal therapy.