It is defined as the cancer in the pancreatic tissue. Pancreas helps in the digestion of food and regulate the sugar metabolism. Adenocarcinoma is the most common type of pancreas cancer.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Loss of weight
- Abdominal pain
- Clay colored stool
- Light color urine
- Blood clots
- Diabetes mellitus
Mutation is the major cause of cancers. pancreatic cancer arises when there is mutation in DNA occur. DNA is the main machinery of cell which tell the cell everything that how to grow and how to cope up with stress. Mutation altered the DNA and grow the cells in un-control fashion.
Complications of pancreatic cancer include:
- Weight loss
- Bowel obstruction
- Severe pain
Diagnostic procedure includes:
- Blood test to check the complete count and hormone level secreted by pancrease.
- Urinary analysis to check any abnormality and blood.
- Imaging test like x-ray and ultrasound.
- Biopsy of pancreatic tissue to check the stage of cancer.
Treatment option for kidney cancer include:
- Surgical option includes removal of the entire pancreas along with senile lymph nodes
- Nonsurgical option include radiotherapy to kill the cancerous cells and cryoablation to freeze the cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy is rarely use for pancreatic tumors.