It is defined as the nervous system problem which affect the movement and other important function of body. This condition can’t be cured, treatment only reduce the severity of signs and symptoms.
Signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease includes:
- Muscles rigidity
- Loss of automatic movements
- Impaired posture and balance
- Writing and speech changes
The cause of Parkinson’s disease is the decrease production of brain hormone called dopamine which is occur due to the damage of the neurons which produce this hormone. Damaged of neurons occur due to certain genetical and environmental factors.
If left untreated it may cause the following mention complications:
- Swallowing problems
- Eating problems
- Sleep disorder
- Thinking impairment
- Bladder problems
There is no specific test for this condition is present now a days. Your doctor will take detailed medical history and conducting a physical examination to check muscles tone and reflexes for confirmation of diagnosis he/she might recommend the blood and urine test to check the level of certain hormones. Imaging test may also help to excluded any tumor growth within the brain substance.
Treatment option for Parkinson’s disease includes:
- Medications included carbidopa, levodopa may help to reduce the signs and symptoms.
- Dopamine agnostic may also helpful in controlling the symptoms
- MAO B inhibitors prevent the breakdown of dopamine
- Surgical process includes deep brain stimulation to send electrical signals to brain to reduce the severity of disease in later stages of disease