It is defined is the injury or inflammation of the tendon which connect your patella (kneecap) to your leg. It is also called jumper’s knee because it Is the common condition in athletes.
Signs and symptom included:
- Continue pain
- Redness at the affected area
- Problem in walk
It is the common overuse injury which is cause by continue stress on your knee cap which cause tiny tears in tendon, multiple tear cause inflammation.
If left untreated it may lead to the tendinopathy.
After conducting physical examination your doctor might recommend the following test to check the extend of curving:
- MRI to check the detailed image of knee.
- X-rays to exclude other conditions
Treatment options include:
- Medications for pain like ibuprofen
- Physical therapy to strengthen the muscles
- Iontophoresis to inject the corticosteroids on the skin by using electric device.
- Surgical process to repair the tendon
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Pain killers for pain
- Avoid heavy activity
- Take rest
- Apply ice for swelling