It is defined as the disease of skin or mucous membranes in which sores and blisters arises in the genitals and inside the mouth. It is usually occurred in middle age people.
There are two type pemphigus, pemphigus vulgaris and pemphigus foliaceus. Signs and symptoms include:
- Mouth blisters cause difficulty in swallowing
- Pain in sores
It is an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system form antibodies which fight with own body cells of your skin and mucous membranes.
After taking history and conducting a physical examination your doctor might recommend the following tests:
- Blood tests to check the presence of antibodies
- Endoscopy to check sores in throat
- Skin biopsy
The main aim of treatment is to suppress the formation of blisters, treatment options includes:
- Corticosteroids to suppress the immune system.
- Steroids sparing immunosuppressant medicines
- Rituximab to fight with over active immune system
Lifestyle and home remedies
Following tips will help to reduce the signs and symptoms:
- Protect your skin
- Maintain oral hygiene
- Avoid sun exposure
- Use soap to wash face