It Is defined as the mental disorder in which there is problem in thinking and behavioral status of person. People with this disorder having trouble in relationships and social activities.
Signs and symptoms of personality disorder includes:
- Tendency to hold grudges
- Unjustified belief
- Pervasive distrust
- Panic attacks
- Anger issues
- Inability to take pleasure from activities
The exact cause of the personality disorder is not finding yet but it may assume that certain biological and environmental factors may involve in the development of this condition.
After taking medical history and conducting a physical examination your doctor might recommend a following tests to confirm the diagnosis:
- Diagnostic criteria by DSM-5 use to confirm the diagnosis
- Psychiatric evaluation to check the more about signs and symptoms
- Blood test to check the hormones level in blood
Treatment options for personality disorder includes:
- Medications to reduce the signs and symptoms like anti-depressant, mood stabilizer etc.
- Psychotherapy helps to improve your social skills.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Following tips will help you to reduce the signs and symptoms:
- Stick to your treatment plan
- Eat healthy diet
- Take medications on time
- Avoid alcohol
- Stop smoking
- Exercise daily