It is defined as the skin rash which is developed on abdomen, chest and back side of body. It is also known as herald patch. The shape of rash is oval or circular and size 4-5 inches approximately.
Signs and symptoms include:
The main cause of this rash in not found yet. Many theories suggest that it may appear due to the viral infection or due to the side effect of any medicine.
Complications are rare but if occur it includes:
- Rash become dark spot-on skin
- Severe itching
Your doctor can diagnosis this condition by looking at the skin rash he/she might recommend the scraping test to distinguish this condition from ringworm infection.
In many cases it may resolve on its own after few weeks. But if symptoms persist then treatment required, treatment options include:
- Medications include antihistamine to reduce the itching, antiviral and corticosteroids.
- Light therapy to fade the skin rash
Lifestyle and home remedies
Following home remedies will help in this condition:
- Take bath in lukewarm water
- Take anti-allergy medicine
- Use oatmeal bath
- Use moisturizing lotions and cream