It is defined as the cancer involved the rectum which is last part of the large intestine and connect with anus inferiorly. It is similar to colon cancer in many aspects. Sometime both cancers appeared simultaneously called colorectal cancer.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Narrow stool
- Bright red blood
- Changing bowel habits
- Weight loss
- Abdominal pain
It is occurred when mutation causes changing in the cell’s machinery which is called DNA. Then growth of cell starts in uncontrol fashion and make large number of abnormal cells which disturb the whole organ. Risk includes smoking, alcohol, high fat diet, intestinal infections, ageing, sedentary life style.
Your doctor might recommend the following tests:
- Colonoscopy to see the condition of colon and rectum.
- Blood test to check the complete count.
- Urinary analysis to check any abnormality and blood.
- Imaging test like x-ray and ultrasound.
- Biopsy of colon tissue to check the stage of cancer.
Treatment depend upon the health condition of patient and the severity of signs and symptom of cancer:
- Surgery to remove the tumor or cancerous cells to prevent the metastasize.
- Another surgery to reconstruct the mouth after removing the cancerous mass.
- Immunotherapy to strong the immune system to fight with cancer