The condition which is occurred after the sore throat cause by bacteria streptococcus. Scarlet fever is also known as scarlatina which is associated with high fever and sore throat. It Is more common in young children of age 5 to 15 years.
Following are the signs and symptoms of scarlet fever:
- Red bumpy tongue which is known as strawberry tongue
- Flushed face
- Red rashes on skin like sunburn rashes
- Red lines around the knees, neck, elbows, and groin
- Enlarges lymph nodes
- Difficulty in swallowing
It is a bacterial infection which is cause by bacteria streptococcus it is always occur after sore throat, bacteria produce toxin which produce the signs and symptoms of scarlet fever.
After taking history about signs and symptoms your doctor might recommend the following tests:
- Physical examination to rule out the other causes
- Throat swab test to check the presence of bacteria
- Blood test to rule out the other infectious cause
After diagnose the condition your doctor will recommend the broad-spectrum antibiotic to treat the bacterial infection. for complete cure of this disease take medicine on time and do full course of antibiotic.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Following home remedies will help you:
- Take painkiller
- Eat healthy food
- Gargle with saltwater
- Take soft food
- Use humidifier
- Stay hydrated