Scorpion stings are fatal and painful conditions but adults usually do not require any treatment only children and old people are at more risk of complications. Scorpion mostly found in desert areas; scorpion stings have serious effect on children.
Signs and symptoms of scorpion sting include:
- Breathing difficulties
- Muscle twitching
It is cause by sting of scorpion, scorpion venom contain neurotoxin which affect the nervous system and sometime on muscular system.
After taking history and doing physical examination of sting site your doctor might recommend the blood test to rule out the other causes.
Most of the time nontoxic scorpion stings the person therefore they do not require any treatment but if patient show signs and symptoms of nervous system related then antivenom should be given intravenously to prevent the complications.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Following tips will help you:
- Wash the wound with water
- Clean the wound with antiseptic solution
- Apply icing to constrict the blood vessels to prevent the spread of venom
- Avoid eating and drinking at that time
- Go to the hospital if there is any serious symptoms appeared.