The viral infection which produce rash on skin, shingles rashes are painful and appeared anywhere on the body but most common site is left or right side of torso. Shingles cause by virus known as varicella zoster virus.
The signs and symptoms of shingles include:
- Burning sensation
- Skin become sensitive to touch
The main cause of shingles is the viral infection which is cause by virus varicella-zoster virus which also cause chickenpox, shingles usually developed in people who previously got chickenpox.
There is no any specific test for this condition, your doctor diagnosed shingles by taking medical history about signs and symptoms and conducting physical examination of skin.
There is only symptomatic treatment is available, treatment include:
- Anti-pyretic drugs for fever
- Lidocaine as a numbing agent
- Pain reliever like tricyclic antidepressants and codeine etc.
- Steroid’s injections to reduce the inflammation
- Antiviral like acyclovir. Famciclovir etc