Social Anxiety Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
It is normal condition to feel anxiety on certain condition and situation like dinner date with your gf/bf or before any stage performance but in social anxiety disorder there is continuous feeling of anxiety in daily routine interaction with your classmates or colleagues. It can lead to self-isolation and patient avoid the social gatherings. It is a chronic mental illness which damage your social life.
Some people have reserved nature by birth but some people developed social anxiety disorder by the environmental factors. Signs and symptoms of social anxiety disorder include:
- Excessive fear
- Fear of judgement by others
- Fear of embarrassment at public places
- Fear of expectations
- Fast heart beat
- Upset stomach
- Muscle tension
- Fear of interaction with new people
Possible causes of social anxiety disorders may include:
- Brain abnormity. Amygdala is a stricture in the brain which control the mood and behavior.
- Environmental factors. Role of surrounding environment which play their role during the early development.
- Inherited traits. Genetic may also play the role in such disorders.
If left untreated social anxiety disorder may cause:
- Lack of self confidence
- Negativity in behavior
- Lack of social skills
- Hypersensitive nature
- Suicidal thoughts
- Low academic performance
Your doctor performs the following procedure to diagnosis the social anxiety disorder:
- Medical and family history
- Physical examination to check the nervous system
- Psychological examination by asking certain questions
- Asking about things which give you anxiety attacks
- Blood test. To check any changes in brain’s chemical composition.
Treatment option depend upon the severity of disease.
It will help the many people to reduce the signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders. It develops the social skills and self-confidence and help to performance better at work and in schools.
Your doctor may prescribe the anti-depressant and anti-anxiety drugs to reduce the anxiety and depression which includes SSRI, SNRI and buspirone.
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
Along with right treatment your lifestyles may also improve your condition and help to cope up with your symptoms.
- Learn activities which reduce the stress
- Eat healthy food
- Drink plenty of water
- Reduce smoking
- Avoid alcohol
- Limit caffeine
- Get proper sleep
- Take participate in healthy sports activities