Spider bites usually does not cause any serious skin infection, mostly skin rash heal on its own and does not required any treatment. Spider bites mimic the symptoms of skin infection and therefore mistakenly taken as skin infections.
Signs and symptoms of spider bites include:
- Stomach cramps
- Pain at bite site
- Blister formation
- Redness on skin
The cause of spider bite condition is venom which injected in the body through bite. Severity depends upon the toxicity of venom and type of spider.
This condition is easily diagnosed by medical history and conducting a physical examination, for further investigation your doctor might recommend the blood test to check the toxicity of venom.
Treatment options include:
- Wash the bite with plenty of water and soap
- Apply antibiotic tube on bite site to prevent secondary bacterial infection
- Icing to reduce the swelling and redness
- Give painkiller, Anti-allergic
- Elevated the bite site to prevent the spread of venom
- Observe the patient to check the systemic signs and symptoms