Irritation of Gastrointestinal tract leading to forceful expulsion of anything from stomach is termed as Vomiting. Vomiting is not the disorder itself, its a sign of other diseases or something related to Brain or Gastrointestinal Tract .
- Motions Sickness, travelling on height or in boat or in bus
- Food poisoning
- Strong headache
- Kidney Pain
- Gallbladder Pain
- Bacterial or viral Gastroenteritis
- Anxiety or depression
- Volvulus, Intussusception, Pyloric Stenosis
Vomiting is harmful if it doesn’t stop or if it leads to dehydration sunken eyes, dizziness, dry lips or mouth, palpitation, decreased urination, vomiting with blood, accompanied by diarrhea, chest pain. Call or see your doctor urgent.
- Drink plain water, orange juice, lemon juice small portions
- lying down helps to decrease nausea or vomiting
- Drink ginger tea
- Avoid spicy food , take small meals, drink water between meals
- Take soda drink
Take over the counter Pepto-Bismol, Onset 4mg. Domperidone 10mg , metoclopramide 10mg