It is the rare type of tumor which the kidney it is commonly occur in children. Synonymous of this tumor is nephroblastoma. Mostly it is occurred unilaterally but sometime it occur bilaterally.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Abdominal swelling
- Abdominal cramps
- Mass and lump at abdomen
- Blood in urine
- Nausea vomiting
Mutation is the major cause of cancers. nephroblastoma arise when there is mutation in DNA occur. DNA is the main machinery of cell which tell the cell everything that how to grow and how to cope up with stress. Mutation altered the DNA and grow the cells in uncontrol fashion. It is also occurred as hereditary trait.
Diagnostic procedure includes:
- Blood test to check the complete count and hormone level secreted by kidneys.
- Urinary analysis to check any abnormality and blood.
- Imaging test like x-ray and ultrasound.
- Biopsy of kidney tissue to check the stage of cancer.
Treatment options include:
- Surgery to remove the tumor or cancerous cells to prevent the metastasize.
- Radiotherapy to kill the cancerous tissue by radiation.
- Chemotherapy use drugs to kill the cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy to strong the immune system to fight with cancer
- Laser treatment